Shanghai-based electronic artist Dirt Eater (otherwise known as Max Dreyer) will be releasing his debut album '地铁-Ditie' this Friday, April 6th, at LOgO. After his live set - with support coming in the shape of local synth and electronic acts, Next Year's Love and iAmalam - Dirt Eater will round-off the night with a DJ set.
Here's what he has to say about the exclusive mix he kindly put together for 24/7:
"This mix was inspired partially by a bike I saw in my neighborhood. I'll start by saying some girls in my neighborhood want to start naming all of our bikes after foodstuffs; i.e., (in translation,) Peach Flower Bike, Milk Bike, Spinach Bike, etc. Anyway, Milk Bike has a sticker on it that says 'beachcruiser.jp', and that makes me think of a beach scene, magentas and reds, created by a sega genesis graphics engine; smoothly zooming along past palm trees and through little caves and stuff.
"This is the kind of thing you can expect to hear in my DJ set on Friday in that I anticipate it will most likely be funky disco-y stuff. I like party music that's fun, not too intense - that stuff is good for listening to in a dark room".
(Artist, Album: Title)
1. Tycho, Past is Prologue: Sunrise Projector
2. The Last Atalant, Cloudburst of Colours: 1111
3. Mylo, Destroy Rock And Roll: Muscle Cars
4. Black Meteoric Star, Black Meteoric Star: Death Tunnel
5. Metro Area, Metro Area LP: Dance Reaction
6. Rodion, Romantic Jet Dance: Atala Ride
7. Lindstrom, It's a Feedelity Affair: Further Into the Future